Youth Farm (YFarm) Project was launched on April 2nd, 2014 as a brainchild, trademark and joint project of Fresh & Young Brains Development Initiative (FBIN) and Alexijan Consults. YFarm Project aims to establish and promote at least 10,000 youth-led climate smart farms and agribusinesses across Africa by 2020. The project draws African youth out of Poverty, into Sustainable Agriculture and closer to God. The project promotes agriculture as a Culture, Career, Business and Fun Activity among vulnerable youth in Africa.
To promote a youth-led agribusiness society, reduce poverty and increase active youth participation in sustainable agriculture by 2020.
1. To establish, promote and strengthen at least 10,000 youth led farms across Africa by 2020
2. To recognize and celebrate outstanding contributions of youth in agriculture.
CATEGORIES OF AWARDS
2. Processing and Packaging
1. Applicant shall be a Nigerian Youth resident in any part of Nigeria
2. Applicant shall be a male or female farmer between the ages of 18-35 years.
3. Applicant shall be willing to mentor other youth in their area(s) of specialization.
4. Applicant must have been involved in any of the award categories mentioned above for at least 2years.
CRITERIA FOR SELECTION
1. Scale of Operation: Various scales of operation, small and large are considered. Size and number of various enterprises identified in category (1) above, e.g. Size of land/crops, number of livestock and poultry, surface area of fishpond(s), number of beehives and the yield realized from these are used to classify scale of operation where applicable.
2. Sustainable Agriculture: Applicant should be conversant with cultural practices such as fertilizer application, weed, pest and disease control as well as animal production techniques.
3. Identification of Farming Problems and Innovation: Applicant should be able to identify and solve environmental problems affecting his/her Agricultural project.
4. Record Keeping: Applicant should have adequate knowledge of farm record keeping that will assist him/her to evaluate the success or failure of the enterprise.
5. Adoption of New Technology: Applicant should prove that he/she is in tune with innovations with regard to improved practices, inputs and techniques which will increase his/her agricultural productivity.
6. Farmer’s Role in his or her Community: To be considered suitable for the award, the farmer must contribute towards the growth of the community in which he or she lives in. He/she should extend to, or share knowledge with other farmers in the community.
7. General Impression of applicant and Agric enterprise: The general outlook of the applicant and his/her Agric enterprise is very important. The applicant should be able to identify general or specific problems connected with the farm or Agric enterprise and be aware of the institutions to consult for help.
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION
All applications must be submitted ONLINE on or before Friday 9th November 2018 by the close of work.
The award will be presented during the 3rd National Youth & Women Agric Festival celebrating the 2018 World Food Day and 10th Anniversary of Fresh & Young Brains Development Initiative.
INQUIRIES: +234(0)8053647180, 08146448067, 08038399483 Email: email@example.com