Cooperazione Internazionale (COOPI) is an Italian humanitarian non-governmental organization founded in Milan in 1965. COOPI aims to help the world’s poorest to improve their access to healthcare, food, and financial security, and to overcome their special vulnerability to wars, civil conflicts and natural disasters. For 50 years of long-term support and constant presence in the field, COOPI has been engaged in breaking the cycle of poverty and responding to specific emergencies in numerous sectors, including Food Security, Humanitarian Aid, Health, Socio-Economical Services, Water and Sanitation, Human Rights, Education and Training, Migrations and Sustainable Energy.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Income Generating Activities Supervisor
- The IGA supervisor will be responsible for the management and implementation of COOPI’s Livelihoods projects activities in Yobe for Internally Displaced Persons and vulnerable Host Populations.
- Under the direct supervision of the Livelihoods Field Officer, the IGA supervisor is responsible for the qualitative, quantitative and timely implementation of the Livelihoods activities.
- Facilitate community mobilization, meetings and trainings during community led Livelihoods activities;
- Work with traditional committees to ensure the identification and selection beneficiaries for livelihood activities and provide information to ensure accountability, fairness and transparency during implementation of activities.
- Work closely with community structures to follow up on implementation of Income Generating Activities.
- Support in the implementation of Livelihoods capacity building training for the target beneficiaries at the LGA level.
- Collect information and data on food security at LGA level through surveys, assessments and regular post distribution monitoring of beneficiary households
- Collect, enter and analyse information as requested by his/her supervisor.
- Participate to the creation of the trainings contents and train the beneficiaries according to the schedule defined
- Support the M&E team in analysis of beneficiary data collection through the various tools that the department uses.
- Take part in all assessments for the projects or for new projects.
- Analyse the humanitarian situation, taking protection problems into consideration/Do no Harm to the population.
- Keep monitoring tools and files archived at the COOPI office, ensuring their availability to his/her Deputy Program Manager and Program Manager.
- Collect information and data on Livelihoods at LGA level through surveys, assessments, regular post distribution monitoring and field supervision visits of beneficiary households.
- Mobilization and awareness raising about the organization, program objectives and activities to local authorities and the population, and act as a link between the organization and the beneficiaries (at LGA level).
- Participate in regular internal& and external coordination for the program at LGA and state levels when required.
- Mobilization and awareness raising about the organization, program objectives and activities to local authorities and the population, and act as a link between the organization and the beneficiaries (at LGA level)
- Facilitate community mobilization, meetings and trainings during community led Livelihood activities.
- Work with traditional committees to ensure the identification and selection of the most vulnerable IDPs and host communities and provide information to ensure accountability, fairness and transparency during implementation of activities.
- Work closely with community structures to follow up on implementation Livelihood activity plan to generate report.
- Contribute to the development of project community mobilisation strategies for targeting and new needs identification in the community.
- Implement sensitisation activities for targeted communities about strengthening livelihood restoration activities whilst collaborating with the State Emergency Management Authority (SEMA), Extension workers, Community Volunteers, traditional leaders and other key stakeholders in feasible livelihood restoration activities at LGA level.
- Facilitate good working relationship between government workers and target beneficiaries.
- Support the Supervisor to ensure that beneficiaries’ access to the provider guarantees protection and gender sensitivity in the field key activities
- Perform any other action related with the position needed to achieve the objectives of the projects and of COOPI Nigeria if requested by his/her supervisor.
- Pass on any information or problems to his/her direct and/or indirect supervisor concerning his/her task, COOPI programs, or safety aspects
- Address any issues on the field with the beneficiaries or the community members and tell the line supervisor.
- Report to the Deputy Project Manager and Project Manager on the progress of activities and specific tasks assigned, problems encountered, the quality of relations with beneficiaries.
- Collect and Compile collected data, pictures and collect information from the field to present weekly internal reports to the Project Manager.
- Presenting the weekly achievements, problems encountered and any suggestion to improve the project implementation.
- Under the responsibility of the Deputy Program Manager and Program Manager, contribute to logistical and administrative organization of the activities
- S/He contributes to the definition of the needs in materials and tools regarding the program and the planning of interventions.
- Ensure the safety and good condition of all material provided by COOPI.
- Inform the Project Manager in case of security incidents, rumours or any security information.
- The tasks and responsibilities defined in this job description are not exhaustive and can evolve depending on the project needs. The employee could be requested to perform other tasks as his/her Line Manager may judge necessary.
- National Diploma or NCE in a relevant field (Economy, Agriculture.)
- At least 6 months experience in a similar position in an NGO
- Experience in food security activities in an NGO is required
- Previous experience in FS&L and/or IGA programs is a strong asset
- Previous experience in Humanitarian assessment, monitoring and evaluation is an asset.
- Fluent in English, Kanuri and Hausa.
- Proficient user of MS office (including Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Commitment to the NGO values and principles
- Excellent knowledge of Yobe State, willing to travel locally
- Excellent computer skills (excel and word)
- Teamwork and team spirit and team management
- Capacity to share knowledge and train people
- Stress Management and flexibility
- Diplomacy and problem solving
- Capacity to mobilize community
- Rigor and organization
26th October, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:Click here to apply online
Source: Hot Nigerian Jobs